Liberty Head Nickel1883-1913

The Liberty Head Nickel, designed by Charles E. Barber, was produced from 1883-1913. During most of its history this coin was produced at the Philadelphia Mint, but in 1912 it was produced at the Denver and San Francisco mints as well. The obverse exhibits an image of Lady Liberty wearing a coronet while the reverse contains the roman numeral "V" surrounded by a wreath of corn, wheat and cotton.