Two Cent1864-1873

The Two Cent Piece, designed by James B. Longacre, was minted from 1864-1873 at the Philadelphia Mint. The obverse of the coin depicts a heraldic shield, and for the first time in the history of U.S. coinage, the motto "In God We Trust." Featured on the reverse is a wreath that surrounds the number two and the word "cents."